I have a problem about the condition of battery in Ubuntu, although the usage of resource system is better than Windows, but the battery is faster to lost. I tried to install TLP instead jupiter that discontinued.
- Open terminal console
- Run this command to add the repository:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:linrunner/tlp.
- Run sudo apt-get update to make your computer aware of the new repository.
- If there is error about
“Could not open lock file /var/lib/dpkg/lock – open (13: Permission denied)”
you can solve this by run command
sudo rm /var/lib/apt/lists/lock sudo rm /var/cache/apt/archives/locksudo apt-get update
- Run sudo apt-get install tlp tlp-rdw to install TLP.
- If you are on a ThinkPad, you’ll need to install a few more packages for maximum battery life, which you can do with the command sudo apt-get install tp-smapi-dkms acpi-call-tools.
- Finally, run sudo tlp start to start the TLP service. You won’t need to do this ever again as it should start automatically on each boot.
If you want to see documentation for another linux, I recommend to see this link